WGD Architects Inc. was retained by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services and the Ministry of Community and Social Services, in association with Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and CBRE to provide space planning options through a Feasibility Study of their existing location at 435 James St. in Thunder Bay.
As part of the study, WGD was requested complete right-sizing and tenant fit-up of both Branches to ensure that their proposed plans meet MOI's Accommodation Standards of 160 sq.ft per FTE (usable), and 180 sq.ft per FTE (rentable). This right sizing is to take into account staffing changes and operational specialties of both involved Ministries.
WGD based the proposed on the result of questionnaires and interviews conducted with CBRE, MCYS and MCSS's representatives.
Project deliverables included:
• Branch Summaries
• Block Planning Option Studies, further detailed as Options (A, B, C)
• Renovation Scope for Favoured Option (Preliminary- to be revised following option selection)
• Architectural/ Interiors Outline Specifications
• Cost Analysis of Proposed Options
• Mechanical and Electrical Reports
• Structural Reports